AVS ANIMAL TESTING

AVS ANIMAL TESTING - Nicole Mazza 100290320 February 16,...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Nicole Mazza 100290320 February 16, 2011 Should Animals be used for research or product testing? Animal testing is the usage of animals for experimental research. 94% of animal testing is done to determine the safety of cosmetics and household products leaving only 6% for medical research. (Welsh 1990) Most of the animals that are used in testing are bred just for testing but many others come from the pound. Mice, rabbits, dogs, guinea pigs, cats and monkey’s are most commonly used animals for tests. It has been proven that there is already enough existing safety data, as well as in vitro alternatives to make animal testing for cosmetics and household products even more unnecessary and unethical. (Naik 2011) One positive of Animal testing is that aids researchers in finding drugs and treatments to improve health and medicine. Many medical treatments have been made possible by animal testing. This includes cancer and HIV drugs, insulin, antibiotics and vaccines. This means that animal testing is considered vital for improving human health and it is also why the scientific
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 01/27/2012 for the course ENG 101 taught by Professor Sierra during the Winter '08 term at Rutgers.

Page1 / 2

AVS ANIMAL TESTING - Nicole Mazza 100290320 February 16,...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online