Lecture10extra_winter09

Lecture10extra_winter09 - of earnings as dividends and...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–6. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
PROBLEM 25 CHAPTER 5
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Juggernaut Satellite earned $10 million for the fiscal year ending yesterday. The firm also paid 25% of those earnings as dividends yesterday. The firm will continue to pay out 25% of earnings as dividends and retain the remaining 75%. The company has 1.25 million shares outstanding and the current stock price is $40.
Background image of page 2
The historical RE is 11% and it is expected to continue in the future. Question: What is the required rate of return of the stock?
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Juggernaut Satellite earned $10 million for the fiscal year ending yesterday . The firm also paid 25% of those earnings as dividends yesterday. The firm will continue to pay out 25%
Background image of page 4
Background image of page 5

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 6
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: of earnings as dividends and retain the remaining 75%. The company has 1.25 million shares outstanding and the current stock price is $40 . The historical ROE is 11 % and it is expected to continue in the future . Step 1: find the last dividend per share paid by the firm. Step 2: find the growth rate of earnings and dividends. Step 3: Find the required rate of return for the stock. Step 1 Step 2: Step 3: 2 $ 25 . 1 25 . 10 $ m m Div % 25 . 8 % 75 % 11 * b r g % 6625 . 13 % 25 . 8 % 4125 . 5 0825 . 40 $ 0825 . 1 2 $ 1 r g P Div r...
View Full Document

Page1 / 6

Lecture10extra_winter09 - of earnings as dividends and...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 6. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online