{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

Revised Market Qs

Revised Market Qs - 3 All tour guides are required to have...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
1. The following links provide market profiles of various countries pertaining to U.S. Travel and Tourism up to the year 2009. They include total number of arrivals, percent changes throughout the years, amount of U.S. dollars spent, what sources were used to plan the trip, purpose of the trip, transportation used, activity while in the U.S., and different traits of the travelers (such as mean party size, average ages, household income, etc.). All the mentioned data are provided in either percentages or numbers. Market Profile of China : http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/2009_China_Market_Profile.pdf Market Profile of Taiwan: http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/2009_Taiwan_Market_Profile.pdf Market Profile of Singapore: http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/2009_Singapore_Market_Profile.pdf I’m not sure if this is necessary, but here is the market profile of Asia in general: http://tinet.ita.doc.gov/outreachpages/download_data_table/2009_Asia_Market_Profile.pdf
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: 3. All tour guides are required to have an active license from the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs; $50 for a two- year license. Almost all large or mid- sized tour companies will check to make sure you are licensed. Some let their licenses lapse mainly because lack of funds. It depends on which travel agencies you decided to book. Most tour guides in large travel agencies have licensed guides. There are two classes of license: 1. International travel 2. Domestic Travel. To be eligible, one must be 18 years or older, be considered fit and proper for the purposes of the license, ensure the manager of the business has the necessary educational qualifications and experience and an eligible to be a memer of the Travel Compensation Fund. In order to apply, must make two applications, one to NSW Fair Trading and the other to the trustees of the Travel Compensation Fund....
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online