Unformatted text preview: Midterm Study Guide CISC 303 Timo Kötzing ([email protected]) The midterm will basically consist of questions similar to homework problems of the homework sets 1-4. Hence,
you should make sure to understand all homework problems. In particular, the following would be helpful. • Know the Denitions of: DFA; NFA; ε-NFA; acceptance in the dierent automata models; regular language;
• Understand all automata in graphical notation.
• Be able to apply the Pumping Lemma to show a given language not regular.
• Be ably to apply all algorithms that we talked about in class. In particular, be able to apply all algorithms proving closure properties of regular languages;
the multi-state-machine construction;
the conversion algorithm to turn a regular expression into an equivalent DFA. In particular, you will not be asked about • Conversion of DFA to regular expressions;
• DFA minimization;
• Anything concerning ≡L . 1 ...
View Full Document
- Spring '08
- Formal language, Regular expression, Regular language, Nondeterministic finite state machine