This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Robert Nelson
8606 Beekman Drive
Miramar, Fl 33025
Gain experience as an intern working in a company, which includes my field of study.
• Finishing my sophomore year as a mechanical engineering major
this summer at Florida Atlantic University
• Took a pre-calculus class as a transient student at Broward College 2009- 2010 Classes:
• Taking one class this summer for time availability, which is Calculus for Engineers 2
• In my Fundamentals of Engineers class we built many things to gain some experience as
engineers in our own and other fields of engineering such as:
o a homemade water purifying machines using evaporation and metal pipes
o a mechanical car using a mouse trap as the engine
o a hovering spinning motor with brush metal, wires, batteries, and magnets.
• Recently did a calculus presentation using the Mathematica program to solve a math
problem, to the dean and math department for Extra Credit. • Used Microsoft Office Excel for other projects in Chemistry and the Fundamentals class.
Also, took a full course on Excel and power point in high school. Honors:
• Took honors classes in high school at Northwest Christian Academy and accepted into the
national honor society.
• Did some voluntary and group projects while in this club such as canned food drives and
donation collection for countries who suffered from a natural disaster such as Haiti at that
time. • Also, helped set up many events at school such as fall festivals, Easter parties, and serve
food at school for its anniversary. Interests and Skills:
• Fixing Computer systems with hardware failures, athletics, and computer entertainment.
• I know how to optimize computer speed if it becomes a problem and organize information
on computers to make work faster and simpler. ...
View Full Document
- Fall '11