w12 - Math 55 Worksheet Adapted from worksheets by Rob...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Math 55 Worksheet July 28, 2011 Adapted from worksheets by Rob Bayer, Summer 2009. Warmups 1. If you roll 3 fair dice, what is the expected value of the sum of the dice? Problems Proper 1. What is the probability of getting exactly 3 heads when flipping a coin 5 times if the coin is twice as likely to come up heads as tails? 2. Suppose you have 3 fair dice and 1 loaded die that comes up 6 with probability 1 3 and each other value with probability 2 15 . If you pick a die from this set at random, roll it twice, and get a 6 twice, what’s the probability that you picked the loaded die? 3. A test for the Common Banana Virus is 98% specific (that is, 98% of the time the test will be negative for someone without the disease, and the remaining 2% of the time it will give a false positive) and 99% sensitive (ie, 99% of the time the test will be positive for someone who has the disease, and 1% of the time the test gives a false negative). Just 1% of the population carries CBV. (a) If you test positve, what’s the probability that you actually have CBV?
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online