syl - Math 5525: Introduction to Ordinary Differential...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Math 5525: Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations Syllabus: Spring 2010 Class Times and Location: 2:30 pm 3:20 pm MWF, AmundH 240. Instructor: Mikhail Safonov, VinH 231, tel: 625-8571, email: safonov@math.umn.edu http://www.math.umn.edu/safonov Office Hours: MWF, 01:10 pm 2:00 pm, or by appointment. Textbook: R. Agarwal and D. O'Regan, An Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations, Springer 2008 . We plan to cover Chapters 319 and 3141 of this textbook, with some exclusions. Homeworks: There will be 4 homeworks due at the beginning of class on Wednesdays, February 10, March 10, March 31, and April 28. Late homework will receive less that full credit, and possibly zero credit. Midterm Exams: on Wednesday, February 24 (6th week) and April 14 (12th week), during class time. Final Exam: Tuesday, May 11, 10:30 am 12:30 pm, AmundH 240. Grading: Homeworks - 20% of the total grade for 3 (out of 4) best ones, Midterm Exams - 20% for each one, Final Exam - 40%. Missed exams: Make-up Final exams will be given to students who have a valid reason for missing an exam. Such students must notify their instructor prior to the exam, and the reason must be documented. There will be no make-up Midterm exams. A proportional part of the score for the Final exam will be used instead for students who have a valid documented reason for missing a Midterm exam. Incompletes: The grade of I can be assigned only to students who have taken and passed one Midterm Exams and who have a valid excuse for being unable to take the Final Exam. ...
View Full Document

Ask a homework question - tutors are online