{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

syl - Final Exam Wednesday:30 am – 12:30 pm VinH 211...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Math 5615H: Introduction to Analysis I. Syllabus: Fall 2011 (updated on September 8) Class Times and Location: 2:30 pm – 3:20 pm MWF, VinH 211. Instructor: Mikhail Safonov, VinH 231, tel: 625-8571, email: [email protected] http://www.math.umn.edu/ safonov Office Hours: 1:25 pm – 2:15 pm MWF, and by appointment. Textbook : W. Rudin , ”Principles of Mathematical Analysis”, 3rd edition. We tentatively plan to cover Chapters 1–6 of this book during Fall semester. Supplementary text : R. Strichartz , ”The Way of Analysis”, 2000 or 1995 edition. Both books are on reserve in Math library, VinH, 3rd floor. Homeworks : There will be 13 homeworks given on Wednesdays, weeks 1–13, and due next Wednesday at the beginning of class. Midterm Exams : on Wednesdays, October 5 (5th week) and November 16 (11th week), during class time.
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Final Exam : Wednesday, December 21, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, VinH 211. Grading : Homeworks- 20% of the total grade for 12 (out of 13) best ones, Midterm Exams- 20% for each one, Final Exam- 40%. Missed exams : Make-up Final exams will be given to students who have a valid reason for missing an exam. Such students must notify their instructor prior to the exam, and the reason must be documented. There will be no make-up Midterm exams . A proportional part of the score for the Final exam will be used instead for students who have a valid documented reason for missing a Midterm exam. Incompletes : The grade of I can be assigned only to students who have taken and passed one Midterm Exams and who have a valid excuse for being unable to take the Final Exam....
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online