Unformatted text preview: Term Project for CNT 6107
Jonathan C.L. Liu, Ph.D.
University of Florida (c) Jonathan C.L. Liu, Ph.D.
(c) Results of Student Survey
• 81% of students have taken Introductory networking courses before
• 47% of students wrote networking client programs before
• 9% of students wrote networking daemon programs before • 6% of the students did network measurement before
(c) Jonathan C.L. Liu, Ph.D. Submission Deadline
• Fiveperson teams are required for the term paper project – (REQUIRED) proposal dues on Monday Feb. 27, 2012 • Address my comments on your proposal and lay •
• out a plan to finish the report
Team presentation starts as early as Monday Apr. 09, 2012
Term paper dues on Wed. Apr. 25, 2012
(c) Jonathan C.L. Liu, Ph.D. Grading Policy
• Definition (10%) : What is the problem definition? Why is the problem important? • Survey (20%) : How many approaches were proposed in the past? A survey with 20 archived papers in journals and conference proceedings is required. (c) Jonathan C.L. Liu, Ph.D. Grading Policy (cont.)
• Critical Thinking (20%) : – What are the design tradeoffs? – What are the advantages and disadvantages from the previously proposed approaches? – Can you think a new approach? (c) Jonathan C.L. Liu, Ph.D. Grading Policy (cont.)
• Paper Writing (20%) : – What is the best way to present your study (as a group)? – A 20page report is expected. – Use your own words to write the report. – Simply “copyandpaste” is considered a serious violation in academic ethics. (c) Jonathan C.L. Liu, Ph.D. Grading Policy (cont.)
• Implementation (30%) :
– Need to demonstrate the design trade
offs (e.g., experiments, emulations or simulations) – It is a VERY timeconsuming process, thus please start as early as possible
– This part will be graded by TA, and you need to demonstrate the codes/runs
(c) Jonathan C.L. Liu, Ph.D. ...
View Full Document
This document was uploaded on 02/15/2012.
- Spring '09