HW4 - ITI 111 Homework 4 Dr. Paul Kantor Probability In...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: ITI 111 Homework 4 Dr. Paul Kantor Probability In questions 1-4, we run an experiment of tossing a fair coin twice . For notation we use, for example, HH if first and second tosses were Heads. 1. The sample space for this experiment is: a. {Heads, Tails} b. {HT, TH, HH, TT} c. {HH, TT} d. {HT, TH} e. A set containing all the possible events 2. If the coin is fair, what is the probability of the event At least one of the tosses was Heads? a. 25% b. 50% c. 66% d. 75% e. Cant tell. 3. If the coin is fair, what is the probability of the event None of the tosses was Heads? a. 25% b. 50% c. 66% d. 75% e. Cant tell. 4. If the coin is fair, what is the probability of the event first toss is Heads, and second toss is Tails? a. 25% b. 50% c. 66% d. 75% e. Cant tell. 5. If I toss four coins, what is the probability that all four will land tails? a. 1 b. 1/2 c. 1/4 d. 1/8 e. 1/16 f. 1/32 6. The events NJ Transit train will be late today and The space shuttle launch will 6....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 02/20/2012 for the course 790 373 taught by Professor Boros during the Fall '09 term at Rutgers.

Page1 / 3

HW4 - ITI 111 Homework 4 Dr. Paul Kantor Probability In...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online