This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Bi-Weekly Political Cartoon Assignments:
• Assignments must be neatly typed. • Assignments must have all 6 questions typed and answered in full
sentences. • Political cartoons may be found online or drawn individually by
students. Some Websites include:
www.nytimes.com • Political Cartoon assignments may replace/substitute regular Current
Event assignments. • By the end of the semester, students must have at least 3 Political
Cartoon and 3 Current Event assignments. Questions:
1) Where did you find your political cartoon? (Date & Source) 2 points
2) What do you see in the picture? 2 points
3) Locate, list and explain words, phrases or symbols used by the cartoonist to identify
objects, people and the meaning of the cartoon. (political, economic, military) 2 points
4) Describe the action or “general message” taking place in the cartoon? 3 points
5) What special interest groups would agree/disagree with the cartoon’s message? Why?
6) Do you think the political cartoon is meaningful and/or serves a general purpose?
(Specific historical event) Explain why or why not with relation to class. 3 points ...
View Full Document
- Spring '11