This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: 57. Danny put a $5,500 down payment on a car. He ﬁnanced the remaining balance with a 60 month loan at a 5.5% annual interest
rate compounded monthly on the unpaid balance. If the monthly car payments are $450, what is the cash price of the car? 58. Determine the value of b for which the system of linear equations
4x − y = 6
8x + by = 10
has no solution. 59. A survey was done of 700 students on their preference of fruits. The following information was found:
• 275 students like bananas and strawberries.
• 250 students like all three fruits.
• 400 students like grapes.
• 50 students like only bananas and grapes.
• 20 students like only grapes.
• 205 students do not like bananas.
• 60 students like only strawberries.
How many students like exactly one of these kinds of fruit? 60. Find the point of intersection of the vertical line passing through the point (−2, 5) and the line 2x − 4y = 10. 13 ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 03/04/2012 for the course MATH 141 taught by Professor Jillzarestky during the Fall '08 term at Texas A&M.
- Fall '08