This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ChE 263
Assignment #13 (Mathcad® HW #1)
Note: This homework assignment is to be done using Mathcad®.
1. (Competency 5.3, 10 points) Write the following text at the top of your Mathcad page. “Assignment
#13, Mathcad HW #1”
2. (Competency 5.3, 30 points) Evaluate the following expressions.
a. b. . when x = 4. Devine what x equals before you enter the expression. when r = 10 and x = 3.54. Define what x and r equal to before you
enter the expression. Use x and r in the equation as shown. Note that e is a predefined
constant equal to the exponential or exp (i.e. 2.718….) 3. (Competency 5.3, 10 points) Evaluate the following expression. Where c is the speed of light, g is
the gravitational constant, and is 3.14…….
4. (Competency 5.3, 20 points) Symbolically simplify the following expression two times. The first
time, I do not want a number but an equation which includes x, the second time simplify the equation
a. 5. (Competency 5.3, 10 points) Symbolically expand the following expression. I do not want a
number but an equation which includes x.
1 6. (Competency 5.3, 10 points) Symbolically factor the following expression. I do not want a number
but an equation which includes x.
7. (5pts) Align the two equations above with the
8. button. (5pts) Complete the homework time survey on blackboard. Email finished assignment to Hannah Davis at email@example.com as a file labeled as
“lastname-firstname-HW#-Sect#.xmcd”. The assignment is due before the next Mathcad lecture (Thur
Oct 28th for Sect 1 & 2 and Mon Nov 1st for Sect 3). ...
View Full Document
- Fall '11