(1) dbdbb (6) daeee (11) ddead (16) bdbca (21) bccbd
(26) ecceb (31) adbca (36) cdcdd (41) ecbad (46) baaab
1) Which of the following statements concerning structure and synthesis of DNA are
1. Purines are linked via their nitrogen in position 9 to the 1' carbon of
2. The pentose sugar in DNA has an hydroxyl group on the 2' carbon.
3. Ribonucleoside triphosphates are used to elongate DNA.
4. In the DNA double helix, 2 hydrogen bonds form between the
complementary bases adenine and thymine.
5. A piece of double stranded DNA that is rich in G and C residues has a
higher Tm in comparison to one that is rich in AT residues.
2) Which of the following statements concerning RNA are correct?
1. RNA is synthesized in the 3' to 5' direction.
2. RNA contains ribose.
3. The following nitrogenous bases are found in RNA: uracil, adenine,
4. In eukaryotes the 5' end of the primary RNA transcript is modified.
5. If the sequence of the DNA template strand is 3'AAA TCG CCC 5',
then the sequence of the RNA transcript is 5' UUU AGC GGG 3'.