Unformatted text preview: NAME: __________KEY________________
MIDTERM EXAM II
19 October 2009
1. Answer all questions IN INK.
2. NO CALCULATORS.
3. Confine each answer to the BOX or SPACE provided. You are free to use the backs of the
pages for scratch work, but ONLY what is written in the box or space will be graded!
4. SHOW YOUR WORK in all calculations and render fractional answers into DECIMAL form.
5. Make sure that your name is PRINTED LEGIBLY on EACH PAGE.
6. This exam consists of 10 problems plus one extra-credit on 14 pages and it is worth a total of
100 points (104 w/ extra credit).
7. Take your time, check your work, good luck!
Information that might be useful:
! 1M = 103mM = 106ìM; 1V = 103mV
! 10x /10y = 10x-y ; log(10X) = X; 10log(X) = X; log(10X/10Y) = log(10XY)
! because of “wobble” pairing between mRNA codons and tRNA anticodons, U in the 5' position
of an anticodon can pair with A or G in the mRNA codon, and G in the 5' position of an anticodon
can pair with C or U in the...
View Full Document