Asahi India Glass Ltd
was incorporated in the year 1984 as Indian Auto Safety Glasses.
It is the largest integrated glass company in India. They manufacture a wide range of
international quality automotive safety glass, float glass, architectural processed glass and glass
products. They are transforming themselves from being a manufacturer of world class glass and
glass products to a solutions provider by moving up the value chain of auto glass and
architectural glass and providing design, products and services that make glass more versatile
Chronological Order of Events
- Started commercial production of toughened automotive glass
- Installed first printing line to produce automotive glass with black ceramic and heat lite
-Set up a new plant to produce laminated safety glass.
– Float glass became the subsidiary of AIS
- Merged with AIS; Name changed from Asahi India Safety Glass Ltd to Asahi India
- AIS Glass Solutions Ltd became the subsidiary of AIS
- Commissioned Tempered Glass and Laminated Windshields manufacturing units at
- Increased the production capacity of Float Glass, Laminated Glass and Toughened
- Started commercial production of reflective glass and mirror at Integrated Glass plant in
– Commenced operations in architectural glass processing plant in Roorkee
- Received award for 'Achieving Targets of Quality' and 'Achieving Targets of Delivery'
from Toyota Kirloskar Motors Ltd; Also received Construction World's Award for the largest and
most profitable glass company.
Formed as a joint venture by Maruti Udyog, Asahi Glass Company, Japan and B M Labroo and
AIS Auto Glass (Laminated windshields, Defogger glass, Glass antenna, Encapsulated glass,
Plug-in window, Rain sensor windshield, Flush fitting glass, IR cut glass, UV cut glass,
Solar control glass)
AIS Float Glass (Clear float glass, Heat absorbing class, Heat reflective glass, Lacquered
AIS Glass Solutions Ltd. (Impact resistant, Burglar resistant, Sound resistant, Solar low-e,
high value special glass products like AIS shower enclosures, tabletops,
Maruti Udyog, Hyundai Motors, Tata Motors, Toyota, Mahindra & Mahindra, Honda, General
Motors Ford India, Hindustan Motors, Fiat India, Volvo, Eicher and Piaggio
President - Glass
B M Labroo
Chairman / Chair Person