Quiz - It rs View Attempt 1 of 1 0 Title: S t a r te d :...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–7. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
It rs View Attempt 1 of 1 0 Title: 5r{1-Qo1 Started: June 5, 2008 3:45 PM Submitted: 5, 2008 3:49 PM Time oo:04:01 spent: - Total L8/20 = 90% ' totut score adjusted by 0. 0 i Maximum possible score: score: 20 1. Please note that this is the only question based on the illustrated problem using RET1YR (#2. 31 in the text; please refer to the text/output, if required). Suppose we wanted to test 'Is the mutual funds' mean return different from that of S&P 500" at same 5% significance level, what would the outcome be? . . (Hint: a two-tailed test) Student Correct Response Answer Feedback A. The mean mutual fund returns are same as (as good as) that of the s&P 500 B. This requires the computed test statistic, which is not given.
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
-\ ! 2. returns are different from that of s&P 500 D. The mean mutual fund better (hieher than the S&p 500's) E. The mean worse (lower than the S&P General ITe reject the belief that mean are equal Feedback: to those of S&p b00, which is _lg% (i. e., a loss of 18%), as the computed z is 2.48. Score: 2/2 with anv data (as that for RETIYR or Hr{yMpG used in this assignment), which of the folrowing does NOT represent a measure of location? Student Correct ResPonse Answer Feedback A. Mode ffi Variance ffi B. C. Mean I I'i:*'
Background image of page 2
l. Feedback: Score: (location). Variance is a of the data. 2/2 measure of the spread (2. 30) the best 3. Questions 3 through g use the nileage data Based on the sample data given in CARS2, what is estimate of the true mean mileage? Student Response Correct Answer A. 29 B. 27.5 ffi zs. rs C. D. 28 E. 6.53 General Assuming z-statistic could dala, what is the criticai be used in the test of the CARS2 value (Table- value) ? Feedback M 4. A. ffi B. I T.2I 1. 645 1tQ & IF q.rt is the
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
5. E. 1.96 General At 5% significance, the critical value of z is Feedback: 1.645 (Note this is also the value used to construct the 90% CI, essentially leaving 5% chance in the rieht tail. ) Score:. 2/2 What is the computed value of the test statistic for the hypothesis test on the true mean hishway mileage suggested in the assignment? Student Correct Response Ansrer Feedback A. 5.2 B. 2.45 c. 1.645 D. 1.96 S t.z 6 E. General This is (28.15 - 27.5) /0.54 = I.2 Feedback: Score: IYhat is the lower bound of the 95% CI for the true mean highway mi leage? Response Ansver A. 29.21 6.
Background image of page 4
D. 28.57 ffi zt.oa tr General This is mean - half Feedback: 28. l5-1.07) = 27.08 Score: 2/2 Assume the 90% CI for will imply that we can true mean is more than the mean HIIYMPG is 27.2 to 29. Thrs be at least "' % confident that the 27. t. ffi 7. Student Response A. 100% gsst B. c. 90% D. 97.5% E. 80% General Feedback: Score: Correct Answer ffi Feedback The chance the true mean is 27.2 fo 29 is 90% implies that there is 5% chance it is above 29 (with 5% chance being below 27.2). So, the chance it is over 27.1 should be at least 95%. Given this data, if you have to make a statement such as "f am very confident that the true mean mileage is less than "' (value) ", which of the following will you choose for the specific value? 8.
Background image of page 5

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Student Correct Response Answer Feedback A. 23 B. 26 c. 27.5 D. 29 &gz w E. General In this case, we should be most comfortable Feedback: picking the highest value in the list (all other ranges are contained in its range). Score: 2/2 The
Background image of page 6
Image of page 7
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 03/14/2012 for the course ECON 2243 taught by Professor Henryfors during the Spring '12 term at Abant İzzet Baysal University.

Page1 / 56

Quiz - It rs View Attempt 1 of 1 0 Title: S t a r te d :...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 7. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online