Syllabus - Course Syllabus BMGT 343 Introduction to...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Course Syllabus BMGT 343 Introduction to Investments Spring 2012 Professor Michael Justin Lee, CFA leem@umd.edu Catalog Description: Prerequisite: BMGT340. An introduction to financial investments. Topics include: securities and securities markets; investment risks, returns and constraints; portfolio policies; and institutional investment policies. Restricted to finance majors with 60 credit hours completed. (3 credits) Course Objective: There is one overriding course objective: to equip students with some of the basic tools required in the modern financial markets. Thats it. To accomplish this, this course will introduce students to each of the many broad topics in the practice of finance. Required Text: Essentials of Investments Bodie, Kane and Marcus, McGraw-Hill, 8 th edition Grading: Students are responsible for all material presented in class, all material assigned in the readings as well as all material discussed in class. Your grade depends on your ability to comprehend and apply the course material on 4 equally weighted examinations worth 24% each for a total of 96% of your grade. In our first class, I will explain what the remaining 4% of your grade will be based upon. Makeup exams will only be available for extenuating circumstances. If you require one, be aware that the makeup exam might be more difficult than the regularly scheduled exam. Each student is responsible for ensuring that your exam grades are accurately entered on Blackboard. I will not make any corrections two weeks after each exam is handed back....
View Full Document

Page1 / 4

Syllabus - Course Syllabus BMGT 343 Introduction to...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online