This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: umers as producers Journalism in the Digital World
Journalism in the Digital World • Shift to online media continuing
• 24/7 news cycle changing news gathering
• Nontraditional news sources broadening inclusion in the media Journalism in the Digital World
Journalism in the Digital World
• Online media habits changing rapidly
• Personalization focuses received content
• Contextualization of news using maps, mashups, etc.
• Convergent journalism bringing genres together Journalism Ethics
• Public’s “right to know”
• Privacy rights
• Undercover journalism
• Reporting victims’ names, details
• SPJ Code of Ethics SPJ Code of Ethics
4. Seek the Truth and Report it
Act Independently Be Accountable Full Text at http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp Journalism...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 03/26/2012 for the course COMMS 101 taught by Professor Lisaswenson during the Fall '11 term at BYU.
- Fall '11