________ deals with the planning for and the development, management, and use of
technology to help people perform their tasks related to information processing.
is a collection of related activities that produce a product or a service of value
to an organization.
The list of all your purchases from Amazon (books bought, price paid, dates) would be
considered to be:
If Amazon uses a list of all your purchases (books bought, price paid, dates) to be able to
recommend other books to you, then Amazon is applying its
A listing of all courses offered at your university would be considered
, where a
listing of all courses required in your major along with the credit hours and pre-requisite
requirements would be considered
You are registering for the next semester at your university.
The combination of your
previous experience registering, your major, the courses you need, the prerequisites for each
course, the times you need each course, and the professors teaching each section, as well as
your work schedule, means that you are using
to select your class schedule.
consists of the physical facilities, IT components, IT
services, and IT management that will support the entire organization.
The Global, Web-Based Platform enables individuals to do which of the following?
If UPS is taking Dell computers at the loading dock, and then shipping them to Dell
customers, then Dell is practicing which of the following?
10. A collection of related files, tables, and so on that stores data and the associations among
11. A set of programs that enable the hardware to process data is
12. Two information systems that support the entire organizations are:
13. When your purchases are swiped over the bar-code reader at the point-of-sale terminals at
records the data.
14. Supply chain systems are which type of information system?
15. An information system that analyzes credit card applications and suggests approval or
denial is a(n):