This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: 2-24-11
• Legalize everything and make it openly available (except maybe for kids)
• Legalize most narcotics for use by competent adults/ tax all and regulate large
scale production/ drug treatment programs/ “honest drug education for children”
• Legalize, but have total government control over distribution and sale
1. Current drug policies are failing
2. War on drugs is too costly and counter productive
3. Not likely to see increase drug abuse
• Save money
Net profit of about 10 billion/ year (1988)
Reduction in crime
Reduce prison population
Free law enforcement up to focus on more “serious” crimes ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 04/05/2012 for the course PHI 2100 taught by Professor Mikepatterson during the Spring '12 term at FSU.
- Spring '12