Civics Personal Finance Project Final .pptx - A Money Reality Check Salary Range Yearly $17,500-$19,999 Monthly $1,458.33-$1,666.58 Weekly

Civics Personal Finance Project Final .pptx - A Money...

This preview shows page 1 - 11 out of 15 pages.

A Money Reality Check
Image of page 1
Salary Range Yearly: $17,500-$19,999 Monthly: $1,458.33-$1,666.58 Weekly: $336.54-$384.60 Hourly: $8.41-$9.62
Image of page 2
Career and Median Wages Dishwasher Yearly: $19,340 Monthly: $1,611.67 Weekly: $371.92 Hourly: $9.30
Image of page 3
Tax Information Taxes: 17.25% FICA: 7.65% Total Amount Taken out of Paycheck: 24.9% $4,815.99 Yearly Net Income: $14,524.34 Monthly Net Income: $1,2010.36 Weekly Net Income: $279.31 Hourly Net Income: $6.98
Image of page 4
Burlington, NC Median Household Income: $39,344 Poverty Rate: 20.5% 47.4% White 29.2% Black or African American 17.6% Hispanic or Latino Population: 52,813
Image of page 5
Housing Information Monthly housing payment: $289
Image of page 6
Transportati on Information Public Transportation: $80
Image of page 7
Utilities Information Electricity: $80 Water: $45 Internet: $60 Total Utilities Cost: $185
Image of page 8
Living Expenses Information Health Insurance & Medical Costs:$100 Cell Phone: $100 Groceries/Eating Out: $50 Entertainment Fund/Savings: $50 Emergency Fund/Savings: $50 Personal Supplies: $30 Miscellaneous Items: $30 Total Living Expenses: $440 Monthly Income Left: 216.36
Image of page 9
Thinking Questions There are other items that I buy each month like subscriptions/memberships, such as for Netflix, Amazon Prime, or a gym; decorations; or gifts, especially around the holidays. I can afford to buy these products with the money I have leftover.
Image of page 10
Image of page 11

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture