Crash Course Video Questions for Period 5: 1844-1877
Slavery - Crash Course US History #13
1. In what ways was the South’s slave-based
economy intertwined with the Market Revolution?
2. What were the economic “costs”/effects of reliance on King Cotton in the South?
3. Describe the yeoman farmer AND his support of slavery when most didn’t own any slaves.
4. Contrast the paternalist slave owners with the North AND list 2 other justifications for slavery.
5. Contrast the rice and cotton plantation slaves and their work.