Kimberly OlsonHEALTH SCIENCEChapter 4 Sleep
1) The stages of sleep are delineated by
A) patterns of brain activity.B) changes in metabolic rate.C) changes in body temperature.D) respiratory and heart rates.
2) The deepest stage of sleep is
3) Which stage of sleep is the longest in adults?
4) A full night's sleep is characterized by
5) Which of the following could lengthen the time a person stays in Stage III sleep?
A) avoiding caffeineB) exercisingC) avoiding stressD) reading before bed6) During REM sleep, brain activity
7) You had to wake up your roommate in the morning so she won't be late to class. She wakes up
confused and takes several minutes to appear alert. She is likely in