Kimberly OlsonHEALTH SCIENCEChapter 9 Alcohol and Tobacco
1) What is the psychoactive ingredient in alcoholic beverages?
A) ethyl alcoholB) methyl alcoholC) isopropyl alcoholD) ethylene glycol
2) Which type of wine has the highest concentration of alcohol?
3) Which of the following statements regarding the chemical properties of alcohol is TRUE?
4) An 80-proof beverage contains ________ alcohol.
5) Which beverage has the highest concentration of alcohol?
A) portB) champagneC) aleD) brandy6) How many ounces of alcohol are contained in a standard drink?
7) You've just consumed three 12-ounce ales that were labeled as having 8% alcohol. How much
alcohol have you consumed?