Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: the standard cannot be met (for instance, if the student receives a grade below a “B” during the probation period), the student will be subject to dismissal on account of a cumulative academic performance below the 3.0 GPA required for graduation. The Dean will remove a student from academic probation only if the student’s academic record has improved to the extent that it is reasonable to expect that the student will be able to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for the remainder of the program. Final course grades of C+ or below will not meet graduate degree requirements. Students will need to repeat any course in which they received a grade C+ or below. An “F” in a graduate course is indicative of a serious academic deficiency that requires an immediate ruling by the Dean of the School for Graduate and Professional Studies, regardless of prior standing in the degree program. All grades remain on the student’s permanent record, but only the highest grade is used in computation of the grade point average. Suspended students who wish to reenter the College may contact the Dean of the School for Graduate and Professional Studies for readmission after they have 2011‐2012 School of Graduate and Professional Studies Student Handbook Page 15 complied with the conditions of their suspension. Students who are readmitted following suspension are expected to achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 for the duration of their program. Failure to do this will result in suspension from the College. Notification Students placed on probation, suspended, or dismissed shall be notified in writing by the Dean of the School of Graduate and Professional Studies, in consultation with the director of the program. Appeals Students who have been placed on probation or who are suspended may appeal their status to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, whose decision is final. Appeals requests must be submitted in writing, together with any evidence in support of such appeal, within 30 days. Financial Aid and Sat...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 06/14/2012 for the course INDUSTRIAL 61 taught by Professor Carlosdelgadonieto during the Summer '10 term at American InterContinental University.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online