Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: and the NEC Office of Public Information. In general, most financial aid programs available to graduate students are those offered through the Federal government, such as the Federal Stafford Loan (see Financial Aidsection in the Undergraduate Catalog for a full description of this program as it relates to graduate students and BSHCA students). There are no automatic renewals of financial assistance and all returning students receive updated application materials. A student must reapply for financial aid each academic year. Financial aid awards are credited directly to student accounts upon registration each semester. All required forms must have been received and verified by this time. Stafford Loan checks require the student’s signature prior to being credited or 2011‐2012 School of Graduate and Professional Studies Student Handbook Page 11 disbursed. If a student's account with the College is paid in full, the student may receive a cash disbursement to cover other educational costs such as books and supplies. Refund Procedure: If a student officially withdraws during a term, a portion of any refund calculated under the College’s withdrawal policy will be returned to federal, state, and College programs. Details of this pro‐rated policy are available from Student Financial Services. Graduate and Professional Degree Programs – Graduation Requirements New England College confers degrees at the annual May commencement ceremony as well as on January 31, July 15, September 15 and December 31. To be considered for degree candidacy, the student must submit an Intent to Graduate Form by December 1 of the year preceding degree completion. Failure to submit this form could delay official degree awarding until the college's next official conferral date. Student Services will email the Intent to Graduate form to your NEC email account by October 15. The Intent form is also available online at: The Intent to Graduate form is a very important graduation‐ related document. Degrees will not be officially awarded nor diplomas ordered for any student with...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 06/14/2012 for the course INDUSTRIAL 61 taught by Professor Carlosdelgadonieto during the Summer '10 term at American InterContinental University.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online