1. Under China’s political system, the Mayor of Shanghai has the same rank as
A. The Governor of Guangdong
B. The Mayor of Shenzhen.
C. The Vice President of China.
D. The Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.
2. Some people rank China as the fourth largest country in the world because
3. A major contributing factor to China’s economic stagnation in the century before
4. Karl Marx claimed that violence must be used to overthrow capitalism because he
argued that in a capitalist society
5. A main reason why the period of 1966-67 is called the ‘Cultural Revolution’ is there
A. A rise of a new set of cultural values.
B. A clash between two different views of the communist ideology.
C. A heated national debate on cultural products from abroad.
D. An emphasis on cultural activities over economic activities.