A traveler covers a distance of 460 miles in a time of 8 hours.
What is the average speed
for this trip?
1. A walker covers a distance of 1.8 km in a time of 30 minutes.
What is the average
speed of the walker for this distance in km/hr?
2. A driver drives for 2.5 hours at an average speed of 54 MPH.
What distance does she
travel in this time?
3. A woman walks a distance of 240 meters with an average speed of 1.2 m/s.
was required to walk this distance?
4. Starting from rest and moving in a straight line, a runner achieves a velocity of 7 m/s in
a time of 2 s.
What is the average acceleration of the runner?
5. Starting from rest, a car accelerates at a rate of 4.2 m/s
What is its velocity at the end
of this time?
6. The velocity of a car decreases from 30 m/s to 18 m/s in a time of 4 seconds.
the average acceleration of the car in this process?
A car traveling with an initial velocity of 12 m/s accelerates at a constant rate of 2.5
for a time of 2 seconds.