This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: TP
Preparation for the formation of two three carbon sugar phosphates. Steps of glycolysis
• Fructose 1,6 bisphosphate is cleaved to produce two
three-carbon molecules by the enzyme aldolase.
• Glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate is the substrate for the
next step in glycolysis. Steps of glycolysis
• Dihydroxyacetone phosphate must be
converted to glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate. Steps of glycolysis
• Glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate is oxidized by g3pdehydrogenase.
• This is the first energy generating step of glycolysis.
• One molecule of NADH is produced in this reaction. Steps of glyco...
View Full Document