This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: lysis
• The next step transfers the high energy
phosphate generated in step 6 to ADP. Steps of glycolysis
• Phosphoglycerate mutase move the
phosphate ester linkage from carbon 3 to
carbon 2. Steps of glycolysis
• The removal of water creates a high-energy
enol phosphate linkage. Steps of glycolysis
• The high energy phosphate group is
transferred to ADP. Steps of glycolysis
• Converts one molecule of glucose to two molecule of
• Results in the net generation of 2 ATP and 2 NADH
• NADH will generate ATP in the mitochondria.
• Does not requi...
View Full Document