Unformatted text preview: Origins Reflection
Tom Joseph Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• God created everything in 6 full days.
• Day 1- Day and Night • Day 2- Land and Seas • Day 3- Vegetation • Day 4- Sun and Moon • Day 5- Birds and Fish • Day 6- Animals and Humans Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• While creating everything, God states many times,
“And God saw that it was good”(Genesis 1:10, ESV) • He creates man and woman in his image. • He wants his creations to multiple. • He tells humans that everything is there just for them. Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• The Garden of Eden is created:
• Man is to live in it and take care of it. • There are tons of rivers that run through for the trees • There are tons of trees with food for man
• God tells him not to eat one specific one, or he dies Creation Account From Genesis 1-2
• God said it is not good for man to be alone:
• He creates the animals for man to name • That isn’t enough, so he creates woman from man Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
• After taking history classes, I would have to say that I believe the
Earth to be very old, not just thousands of years old, maybe billions. Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
• How the Earth came to be:
• After reading an article called the Evolution of Earth, I agree
with what they say that the world was created by accretion.
• It pretty much states that, the Earth was made by dust
coming together and gradually forming a ball, over
billions of years. (Allgre, 2005)
• There is a lot of science involved in the creation of the universe and so
many different explanations. Maybe the Big Bang Theory. Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
Different as Bible:
• God did not create the universe, Earth, as a whole Same as Bible:
• God created everything on Earth; plants, animals and humans. Personal Beliefs About the Origins of the Universe
• I did grow up Catholic, so I can see both ways as possible, • God creating everything, including heaven and Earth.
• The Earth making itself and God just creating the living
beings. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• Worldview is, “a foundational set of assumptions to which one
commits that serves as a framework for understanding and
interpreting reality and deeply shapes one’s behavior” (Waddell,
2015) • What I believe in will greatly affect my worldview and how I act. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• I do believe in God, like the Bible portrays him. • I do think I am a Theist, but a practical Atheist,
• I believe in God, but it does not affect my life. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• Humanity was created in the image of God.
• This shows us how to behave and be towards others.
• We are loving, good, moral, holy, faithful, etc…. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• We all have a purpose:
• I think our purposes are all different, and we all figure them
out on our own. • There are a couple things in common with the Bible that I believe we
were meant to do:
Ex. To multiple and take care of earth. How My Beliefs About Origins Impact My Worldview
• I think the world is a beautiful and magnificent place that we must
and should want to take care of.
• It holds all of Gods creations and there is only one Earth, so we have
to take care of it.
• The bible states, “The Lord God took the man and put him in
the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it” (Genesis
1:15, ESV). References
Allgre, C. (2005, July 01). Evolution of Earth. Retrieved July 18, 2020, from
Waddell, J. (2015). Seeking wisdom. In Grand Canyon University (Ed.), The
beginning of wisdom: An introduction to Christian thought and life (2nd ed.).
Available from ...
View Full Document