This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: dents and/or consequences
- exploratory - evaluate a number of possible functions or
- hypothesis testing – test and control condition for one function
hypothesis Functional Assessment Questions
- Describe all the behaviors involved in the problem.
- Is there a predictable sequence of behaviors? Antecedents
- When, where, and with whom does the problem
- What circumstances, situations, or activities lead to the
- Are there emotional or behavioral predictors of the
- Is the problem behavior related to medication, medical
condition, pain, discomfort, problems with sleep, other
biological factors, or other setting events?
biological Functional Assessment Questions (con’t)
- What happens when the problem behavior occurs?
- How do people react to the problem behavior?
- What does the behavior get for the child?
- What does the child escape from or avoid by engaging
in the behavior?
in Alternative behaviors
- What do you want the child to do instead of the
- Would this desirable...
View Full Document
- Fall '12