Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) Despite the data glut that marketing managers receive, they frequently complain that they lack
A) enough information of the right kind
B) accurate information
C) reliable information
D) timely information
E) valid information
2) Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding information collected for marketers?
A) Many managers lack information of the
B) Managers have enough of the right information.
C) Many managers are burdened by data overload.
D) Most managers need
E) Most managers do not need more information.
3) A marketing information system (MIS) consists of people and procedures to assess information
needs, ________, and help decision makers analyze and use the information.
A) question the needed information
B) experiment to develop information
C) test market the information
D) critique the needed information
E) develop the needed information
4) A good MIS balances the information users would ________ against what they really ________ and
what is ________.
A) need; can afford; useful
B) use; have to use; available
C) like; can afford; needed
D) need; like; feasible
E) like to have; need; feasible to offer
5) Marketers must weigh carefully the costs of additional information against the ________ resulting
E) ethical issues
force, and the ________.
D) marketing department
7) Marketing information from which type of database usually can be accessed more quickly and
cheaply than other information sources?
8) ________ is the systematic collection and analysis of publicly available information about
consumers, competitors, and developments in the marketing environment.
A) Marketing data
B) Customer intelligence
C) Competitive intelligence
D) Marketing intelligence
E) Sales management
9) Which of the following statements regarding marketing intelligence is true?
A) All marketing intelligence is available for free.
B) Marketing intelligence relies upon publicly available information.
C) Marketing intelligence gathering is more focused on gaining insights into consumer activities
than competitors' activities.
D) Marketing intelligence relies upon privately held information.
E) The advantage of using competitive intelligence is negligible.
10) Which of the following is NOT considered a source of marketing intelligence?
A) activities of competitors
B) key customers
D) causal research
11) Which of the following is NOT a potential source for marketing intelligence?
A) talking with purchasing agents
B) purchasing competitors' products
This is the end of the preview. Sign up
access the rest of the document.