This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: h half of the
lift, therefore, valve displeacement diagram for opening and closing of valve consists of
δmax = * For complete details, refer Authors’ popular book on ‘Theory of Machines’. 1210 n A Textbook of Machine Design Fig. 32.32. Displacement diagram. 6. Join Aa, Ab , Ac intersecting the vertical lines 1, 2, 3 at B, C, D respectively.
7. Join the points B, C, D with a smooth
curve. This is the required parabola for
the half of valve opening. Similarly
other curves may be drawn as shown
in Fig. 32.32.
8. The curve A, B, C, ..., G, K, L, M is
the required displacement diagram.
Now the profile of the cam, as shown in
Fig. 32.32, is drawn as discussed in the following steps:
1. Draw a base circle with centre O and
diameter equal 40 mm (radius = 40/2
= 20 mm)
2. Draw a prime circle with centre O and
radius, OA= Min. radius of cam +
Gears keyed to camshafts
Diameter of roller = 20 +
= 20 + 14 = 34 mm
3. Draw angle AOG = 53.5º to represent opening of valve and angle GOM =...
View Full Document
- Spring '11