This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: f 3. To help a decision-maker think
systematically about complex
problems and improve the quality of
the resulting decisions.
4. To help a decision-maker think hard
about the specific problem at hand,
including the overall structure of the
problem as well as his or her
preferences and beliefs. CHAPTER 0a. INTRODUCTION TO DECISION ANALYSIS FOR ENGINEERING Course Objectives Slide No. 9
ENCE 627 ©Assakkaf 5. Provide both an overall paradigm and
a set of tools (influence diagrams and
decision trees) with which a decisionmaker can construct and analyze a
model of a decision situation.
6. Provide the framework within which a
decision-maker can construct a
requisite decision model. 5 Slide No. 10 CHAPTER 0a. INTRODUCTION TO DECISION ANALYSIS FOR ENGINEERING Course Outline ENCE 627 ©Assakkaf The course will include the following main
1. Introduction to Decision Analysis
2. Modeling Uncertainty: Probability
3. Using Data
4. Decision Models and Analysis
5. Model Building: Influence Diagrams
6. Model Building: Decision Trees
7. Making Choices and Sensitivity Analysis
8. Creativity and Decision Analysis
9. Monte Carlo Simulation
10. Value of Information
11. Multiattribute Decision Making Slide No. 11 CHAPTER 0a. INTRODUCTION TO DECISION ANALYSIS FOR ENGINEERING Course Objectives ENCE 627 ©Assakkaf 7. To be able to represent real-world
problems with associated
8. To be able distinguish between a good
decision and a lucky outcome. 6 CH...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 10/24/2012 for the course ESI 6385 taught by Professor Mansoorehmollaghasemi during the Fall '12 term at University of Central Florida.
- Fall '12