SS238_Unit_4_Assignment_Outline- Bowman.docx - Public...

This preview shows page 1 - 3 out of 6 pages.

Public Policy, Policy Cycle, and Policy Theories SS238 - Unit 4 Assignment: Public Policy, Policy Cycle, and Policy Theories Benjamin Bowman Purdue Global University 25 August 2020
Public Policy, Policy Cycle, and Policy Theories 2 Thesis The ability to use power, wealth, and the opportunity to coheres policy makers and to sway the public opinion to benefit your personal needs can be very dangerous. Especially when the public is unaware on how far an elitists reach can stretch. The richest 1% of Americans have more wealth then the rest of the 99% of Americans combined, according to the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) (2018). As the 99% of Americans stay unorganized, the elitist will have an overwhelming ability to make amendments that are in their best interests and not the American society. Outline I. Select two specific examples of public policy from one of the following fields: a. Environmental policy II. A. American Antiquities Act of 1906 (16 USC 431-433) + Elitism theory a. The Clinton administration created an executive order (the roadless rule Act) which correlated with the American Antiquities Act of 1906 (16 USC 431-433), to protect more that 58.5 million acers of land, protected by the federal government. Once the Bush administration was in office it was their main target to rescind this executive order which to reopen these land mining, gas drilling, logging roadbuilding, and gas and oil drilling, etc. which seem designed to adhere with the elitist theory. These areas would be open for “profiteering” developing resources from these undeveloped regions (Furlong, 2018). Bush’s

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture