Unformatted text preview: s 12 full-time tellers. Part-time employee
(working four hours per day) are also available. Tellers requirements: 16 Employee Scheduling Application
• Full-timers work from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M.
– Allowed 1 hour for lunch.
– Half of full-timers eat at 11 A.M. and the other half at
– Full-timers thus provide 35 hours per week of
productive labor time. • Part-time hours employed are limited to a
maximum of 50% of a day’s total requirement. Costs:
• Part-timers earn $8 per hour (or $32 per day)
• Full-timers earn $100 per day in salary and 17 Employee Scheduling Application
F = # of full-time tellers
P1 = # of part-timers starting at 9 A.M. (leaving at 1 P.M)
P2 = # of part-timers starting at 10 A.M. (leaving at 2 P.M.)
P3 = # of part-timers starting at 11 A.M. (leaving at 3 P.M.)
P4 = # of part-timers starting at noon (leaving at 4 P.M.)
P5 = # of part-timers starting at 1 P.M. (leaving at 5 P.M.)
18 LP Formulation for Employee Scheduling
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 11/04/2012 for the course IS CB2505 taught by Professor Tommylau during the Spring '12 term at City University of Hong Kong.
- Spring '12