This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: s application?
2. Does this solution permit accurate liquid level monitoring? Why?
3. Under which conditions could this solution fail?
4. Is this solution suitable for measuring the liquid level in a container of melted
5. What other solutions do you know for liquid level measurement? Fig. 6.6.1: Liquid level measurement by means of a through-beam sensor On reaching a defined liquid level, the light emitted by the emitter will be reflected
on the surface and will reach the receiver. 102 © Festo Didactic GmbH & Co. KG • FP 1110 6. Optical proximity sensors Exercise 6.7 Detection of workpieces
Figure 6.6.2 shows a workpiece on a conveying slide. The workpiece is po- sitioned
in a recess of the workpiece carrier. The edge of the workpiece is to be detected
1. Is it possible to solve this problem by using a through-beam sensor? Or is too
much light lost when the light passes through the hole?
2. With other conveying slides, sufficient space is available on one side only or
above the slid...
View Full Document
- Spring '12