Unformatted text preview: le to effect a logic (Boolean) OR-connection and
with series connection, a logic AND-connection.
The advantages of this type of connections are:
• Logic operations can be achieved without using an electrical controller.
• With the use of electrical controllers, logic operations can be carried out
immediately on the spot so that only the logic operation result is signalled to the
controller using a minimum amount of cabling. 148 © Festo Didactic GmbH & Co. KG • FP 1110 10. Connection and circuit technology The disadvantages are:
• The design and construction of logic operations requires experience, as the
mutual influences of proximity sensors, increases response and drop-off times
and a limit in the number of proximity sensors connected must be taken into
• Maintenance becomes more difficult.
If however an electrical controller is used for signal processing, then it is more
straightforward to carry out all logic operations in the controller. 10.3.2 Parallel connection of proximity sensors using two-wire technology
View Full Document
- Spring '12
- pH, proximity sensors, Festo Didactic GmbH, Festo Didactic GmbH & Co