This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ss fibre optics
• Wide beam diffuse sensor for the detection of cling film or glass
• Special sensors for monitoring drill breakage
(starting from a drill diameter of 1.5 mm)
• Sensors for data transmission
• Diffuse sensors for reading bar codes
• Explosion-proof designs, NAMUR versions
• Designs for connecting up to 2 or 3 fibre optic adaptors to a sensor module 240 © Festo Didactic GmbH & Co. KG • FP 1110 15. Special designs and variants of proximity sensors 15.2.1 Slotted light barrier sensors
Slotted barrier sensors are through-beam sensors, in which the emitter and the
receiver are mounted opposite each other in a single U-shaped housing. They are
often available in low cost versions in plastic housings. 1
2 Emitter (1) Receiver (2) Fig. 15.2.1: Slotted light barrier sensor The interruption of the light beam within the fork is evaluated as the switching
Slotted barrier sensors are available in a range of slot widths between 3 mm and
These sensors are for instance used for measuring rotary or linear movements,
whereby a sl...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 11/01/2012 for the course CHEMICAL 102 taught by Professor Jamesrodriguez during the Spring '12 term at Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena.
- Spring '12