This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: ceiver side
mode of operation can be compared to that of a reflex sensor. In this way, it is
possible to greatly reduce susceptibility to contamination. 8.5
Notes on application Since the price of a complete pneumatic proximity sensor (nozzle and pressure
amplifier/pressure switch) is generally higher than that of a standard inductive,
capacitive or even optical proximity sensor, pneumatic proximity sensors are used
preferably for special applications in new developments, where other proximity
sensors are unsuitable.
Advantageous applications for pneumatic proximity sensors:
• Use in areas with explosion hazard.
• Use in welding installations, where AC and DC fields are generated.
• Use in damp and dirt and dust laden environment.
• Use in high ambient temperatures.
• Used in measuring filling levels of foaming liquids. 124 © Festo Didactic GmbH & Co. KG • FP 1110 8. Pneumatic proximity sensors 8.6
Characteristic curves of
sensors The following illustrations show the characteristic...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 11/01/2012 for the course CHEMICAL 102 taught by Professor Jamesrodriguez during the Spring '12 term at Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena.
- Spring '12