This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: 39 3. Magnetic proximity sensors 3.1.4 Examples of application Fig. 3.1.6: Pneumatic cylinder with magnetic proximity sensors • Most widely known and used application: Cylinder switches
• With the use of magnetic proximity sensors a wide range of other sensor
problems can be solved if the object to be detected is fitted with a magnet, e.g.:
– Measuring the rotational speed of parts made of any material
– Selective sensing of individual workpieces from a similar series.
– Incremental displacement encoding systems
– Counting devices
– Door switches
– Material positioning 40 © Festo Didactic GmbH & Co. KG • FP 1110 3. Magnetic proximity sensors a)
Permanent magnet on cylinder piston (1) a) The proximity sensor is unactuated; the switching contacts are open.
b) With the approach of a magnetic field the switching contacts Fig. 3.1.7: Principle of application of magnetic proximity sensors for the detection of cylinder positions © Festo Didactic GmbH & Co. KG • FP 1110 41 3. Magnetic proximity sensors 3.2
proximity sensor 3.2.1 Function de...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 11/01/2012 for the course CHEMICAL 102 taught by Professor Jamesrodriguez during the Spring '12 term at Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena.
- Spring '12