This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: e protective device.
• Sufficient protection against external influences such as vibration, dirt, stray
fields, mains interference, short circuit, line break.
• Self test, start-up test, self monitoring. Operative malfunctions in the protective
device must be detected and signalled to the potentially dangerous equipment in
the form of a cut-off command.
• Inhibit re-start following the interruption of a hazardous movement.
• Observation and identification of a specified safety distance between the
protective area and the danger zone as well as identification of overtravel time.
• Protection against encroachment of or reaching into the protective area from
below or above as well as against remaining between the protective area and the
• Tests (prior to initial commissioning and additional regular routine testing also
after retooling and repairs). 248 © Festo Didactic GmbH & Co. KG • FP 1110 15. Special designs and variants of proximity sensors Industrial designs of accident protection sensors for examp...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 11/01/2012 for the course CHEMICAL 102 taught by Professor Jamesrodriguez during the Spring '12 term at Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena.
- Spring '12