W04 Worksheet Blood Lab.docx - W04 Worksheet Blood Lab...

This preview shows page 1 - 4 out of 10 pages.

W04 Worksheet: Blood Lab Follow the instructions below very carefully. Many of the items in this assignment require reading, or videos, or something else to do. Each question has either a text box that can be filled out or a box that can be checked to show completion. Be sure to type out your answers completely and expand the text boxes if you need the additional space. Question 1 --- 1 point BloodSince the beginning of time, people of all ages have considered blood to be the “essence of life.”What is blood, and why is it so important for our bodies in carrying out the essential processes of life? Blood is a type of connective tissue consisting of a liquid matrix that plays an essential role in the transportation process of the cardiovascular system. The liquid matrix or plasma, which consists of 90% water and 10% solutes (albumin, globulins, fibrinogen, and minerals) makes up about 55% of the total blood volume, and the formed elements, which includes the following: the erythrocytes (red blood cells), the leukocytes (white blood cells), and the platelets, make up the other 45%. The total blood volume in humans ranges from about 4–5 L infemales to 5–6 L in males.Watch this video about blood cells (Links to an external site)that instructs you on how to tell the difference between blood cells (16:43 mins; Blood Cells TranscriptLinks to an external site.)Which of the following is a circulating blood cell that is capable of differentiating into a cell that synthesizes antibodies? Check One: NeutrophilBasophilLymphocyteMonocyteQuestion 2 --- 1 point An increased neutrophil count is typically associated with:
Question 3 --- 1 pointWhich of the following blood cells have some properties similar to mast cells? Question 4 --- 1 pointWhich of the following cells eventually become macrophages? Question 5 --- 3 points Match the following descriptions with the correct blood cell.A. Carries a "Heme" group and is important for oxygen transportB. Least numerous of the circulating leukocytesC. First line of cellular defense against a bacterial invasionD. Also termed a LeukocyteE. Phagocytic cell. Leaves the blood to become a Macrophage in the tissuesF. Often Bi-lobed, granules often stain red or orange. May release chemicals that fight inflammationG. Most numerous of the circulating leukocytesH. Round nucleus, Thin ring of cytoplasm around the edge. This cell also contributes to graft rejectionsI. Has Specific granules that contain heparin and histamineBlood CellAnswer Blood CellAnswerBlood CellAnswerBasophilsINeutrophilsCMonocytesEBasophilsBEosinophilsFAll White Blood CellsDNeutrophilsGLymphocytesHNo White Blood Cells A
Question 6 --- 1 point Blood Typing Every person's blood belongs to one of four ABO blood groups (type A, Type B, Type AB, and

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture

  • Left Quote Icon

    Student Picture