This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: rogram (WIN). Automatic eligibility What’s the difference?
• • Federal/State
– • • AFDC • • States set benefit
levels and Federal
regulates eligibility Feds decide who is
All eligible served Federal/State
– • TANF States set benefit
levels AND income
forms of assistance States decide who
is covered Four Purposes of TANF
(1) provide assistance to needy families so that
children may be cared for in their own homes or in
the homes of relatives
(2) end the dependence of needy parents on
government benefits by promoting job preparation,
work, and marriage
(3) prevent and reduce the incidence of out-ofwedlock pregnancies and establish annual numerical
goals for preventing and reducing the incidence of
(4) encourage the formation and mainten...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/16/2013 for the course UGS 303 taught by Professor Foster during the Fall '08 term at University of Texas at Austin.
- Fall '08