This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: lost-wax casting, etc.
casting, Forming – Hot and/or Cold
– Rolling, Wire drawing, Forging, Extrusion, Bending, Drawing
and Metal cutting
– Shearing, Turning, Drilling, Shaping and Planing, Milling,
Broaching, Sawing, Grinding
Broaching, Processes for Production of Metal Parts
Welding – Bonding two pieces of the same
– Electric Arc, Resistance welding (spot and
seam welding), Beam welding (electron beam
and laser), Thermit welding, Pressure welding
(friction welding), Gas welding, Brazing and
Soldering (filler material melting point lower
than the metals welded)
– Process of bringing together various parts and
subassemblies to complete a product
– Honing, Lapping, Polishing, Buffing, Brushing,
and Ancillary Functions
The production or manufacturing engineer
performs other functi...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/29/2013 for the course ISE 105 taught by Professor Rakhshani during the Fall '07 term at USC.
- Fall '07