Unformatted text preview: O2 affinity – see notes!.
42. ANS = A 4 is obviously false, the rest are all true.
43. ANS = D Only D is corret. 1. is F b/c fetal Hb binds O2 more tightly than maternal
Hb; 2 is F b/c BPG binds T state (no cavity in R state); 3 is F b/c it is a heterotropic
allosteric inhibitor ofHb.
44. ANS = C This is the mutation that causes Sickle Cell Hb.
45. ANS = C pH = -log [H+] -log 4 x 10-8 = 7.4.
46. The question is: A student in CHE/BIO 4341 was asked to label the main residues in the
active site of a hemoglobin (Hb) molecule that can bind O2 a...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 01/31/2013 for the course BIO 4331 taught by Professor Jonklaas during the Spring '11 term at Baylor.
- Spring '11