2012beof-111206092256-phpapp02

More worrying is the expectation that unit costs will

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: t equally among those expecting cargo yields to remain the same or decline. Similarly, air freight, which is highly dependent on local economic activity, is expected to weaken. As such, Colorado air transportation jobs are estimated to contract 5.1% in 2012 after a decrease of 4.8% in 2011. Passenger traffic at the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) continues to slide; the airport ranks 89th in the nation. Passenger traffic is expected to fall 12.4% in 2011 and 6.4% in 2012. Grand Junction’s Walker Field (GJT) is anticipated to recover from its decline in 2009-2010 by posting 1.4% growth in total passengers in 2011. GJT’s passenger traffic is forecasted to climb 1.3% in 2012. Modest passenger growth is expected at 7 of Colorado’s 12 nonhub airports in 2011. Among those airports projecting increases are Eagle County Regional Airport, 2.7% (ranked 178th); Yampa Valley Regional Airport, 2.9% (ranked 215th); and Durango-La Plata County Airport, 10.4% (ranked 190th). In contrast, traffic at Aspen-Pitkin County A...
View Full Document

Ask a homework question - tutors are online