Sources colorado geological survey mineral and

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: eology, and Colorado Business Economic Outlook Committee. 22 Page 19 2012 Colorado Business Economic Outlook COLORADO MInInG AnD LOGGInG EMPLOyMEnT MINING AND LOGGING EMPLOYMENT 2003–2012 2003-2012 (In Thousands) (In Thousands) more than 70%. This projected increase in average household expenditure will result from a forecasted 4% increase in prices and a 1% decline in consumption. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) estimates that the total heating degree days in the 2011-12 winter will be 2% warmer in the lower 48 states compared to the previous winter. Regionally, the Mountain West, including Colorado, is projected to be 3% colder. Colorado is a top natural gas-producing state. EIA estimates that conventional and unconventional output from several Colorado basins in 2009 accounted for nearly 7% of the annual U.S. natural gas production, making it the fifth-largest producing state. The industrial and residential sectors are the leading natural gas-consuming sectors...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 02/11/2013 for the course MGMT 231 taught by Professor Yu during the Spring '13 term at Bauder.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online